Sunday, September 14, 2008

To my one and only - N

The beauty of a flower lies not in its artful hues
Nor in its fragrance or in the sweetness of its nectar
To find for yourself where God hides his wonders untold
You need look only as deep as your lover's soul


Much has been my quest, for a rare true love
For someone to share my joys and tempests with
After much hard seeking, both inside and out
My heart tells me "She is the one", without a doubt

In your eyes I see, a future worth dreaming
With your touch I sense, that life is worth living
And with every journey I will embark upon
I want you beside me as my companion


Hi N!!!

Boy have I been dying to meet you. You might not know me too well but I am A's blog. If you are reading this now for the first time, things have gone according to A's plan, more or less - his greeting card has directed you to this url and most probably you are just reeling under the effects of his attempt above at writing a romantic poem. Fear not, as you make your way through the rest of me, many such amazing and at times uncomfortable surprises about his personality await you.

Formally and finally, "WELCOME TO A'S BLOG!!!!". It has been so long and, believe you me, it has been as difficult for him to resist the temptation of declaring my identity to you as it has been for you, waiting to finally get access. So here it is, after much planning and penning away of thoughts - a window into the soul of Alec Unsmart ;)

If truth be told, this is not your first official visit to my pages. Famously enough, you were the very first (and sadly only :( ) visitor and also graced me with my first comment which i have reprinted here for your perusal :

"Hey, just stumbled upon your blog. I think you should write more. And put your favorite bloggers on the blogroll and comment in people's comment-space to get noticed ;). Think a lot more blog-hoppers like me might like what you have to say. Keep on blogging! Look forward to more :)"

If you remember, you had once discussed about this with him on campus; caught unawares, he had put his brilliant acting skills to use and squarely denied any knowledge of it. To sound more convincing, he actually went ahead and trashed it as utter tripe (taking a big dent in his bloated ego while doing so). But I do know your suspicions had been evoked and that was enough for you to plague him ever since then with constant pestering to reveal the blog to you. He decided that if he indeed had to share it with you, it deserved a truly momentous occasion for its announcement; and for a long time his and my mission target has been this very day - your birthday!!

Now that we have been properly re-introduced, let me get on with what I am really here for. For the most part, I am always the patient listener to A's constant ravings and rantings (hey in that way you and I are quite similar!!). Quite like you, I usually take a patient back seat and let him take his flights of fantasy as he pours his heart out into my posts. But today, as a one-time exclusive, I am speaking with you for a very special purpose. You know how diffident and shy he is, so he has given me the rather prestigious task of being the MC as he shares his innermost thoughts about you. So put on your seat belt (and carry a handkerchief just in case the mushy stuff gets to you) and lets begin with what he has to say:

'I Love You' - That's probably the simplest expression I have always used to express my feelings for you. Over time, I have realised that even in its simplicity there is so much to be understood in its meaning, very similar to the depth in your personality that I sense when I think about you very strongly. I have shared with you often that my own faith and grasp of the weight of this expression has built over time. But through all these months, no matter how strong or shaken my faith was, the gravity of your attractive persona has always had me rapt with awe in an inescapable sort of bind.

How often we recollect the early fumbling of what has become a roller coaster of a love ride. I never believed that opposites attract; added to that the situation in my life was such that for me the odds of us being together had to be infinitesimally small. Yet, others could clearly see that just as even in its most elemental form nature creates everything out of the interaction of opposing forces, you and I were meant to collide with an incredible chemistry that could produce nothing but amazing passion and love. Every time I interacted with you, no matter how corrosive the meeting was, I couldn't help but feel that I was teetering on the edge of a cavern that would lead me straight into falling for you.

As fate would have it, I was struck with one of the greatest lows of my life. Losing something as precious as I did, I felt God would never be kind enough to grant me anything remotely close to that kind of happiness. Call it my faith in the supreme being or a wonder of this amazing universe, I was delivered an angel - pure of heart and the embodiment of holy love - you.

As time began its work of healing me, your presence and kindness towards me left me giving away my heart to you day by day. By the time I pulled up the courage to propose to you, I was already drunk with the desire to be with you, For me, winning your heart seemed the only cause worth living for. When you accepted and the realization sank in, I knew my life could finally be back on track.

Our time on campus was as trying as it was the best time of my life. Learning about you wasn't easy, primarily due to the faults in my own personality, but its something that to this day I continue to work on and hopefully I am improving. In a place where competition can rip you apart in shreds, you were my 'Rock of Gibraltar'. Inspiring me always to go that extra mile and make my self deserve all your adoring. I know we went through tough patches, but I cant deny that my love strengthened exponentially with each moment of understanding that followed those difficult trysts.

Our love blossomed, at the same time we were approaching that inflection point when we had to make career choices leading us down uncertain roads. Things since then have been as unpredictable as exciting. I must honestly say that if it were up to me I wouldn't want to be anywhere but with you all the time, but the current challenges are helping me truly understand my love for you. I hope we will always be able to look back at these days as the period that solidified our passion and understanding for each other.

You are the most amazing woman I have ever met. Your inner and outer beauty are both so mesmerizing, that I cannot count enough of my blessings to be a part of your life. While your true beauty can lay shrouded in your shy and polite demeanour, I feel proud that you have given me the opportunity to get an insight into your soul and truly experience the greatness that you hold within you. You are the only person I know, who can be so mature while not losing touch with your inner child, the real person inside you. I have seen you transition with infinite grace from a campus cutie to a responsible professional who, against the steepest of odds and circumstances, is always fighting the good fight winning the right battles. While your impulsiveness makes you inimitably one of the most frank, honest and open people around, you have shown that you are capable of great patience and perseverance. If you need proof of that, you need only look at me - you understand me completely and that is something I thought only the most exceptionally intelligent and insightful person could achieve. I am convinced that you are truly meant for greatness, and I wish I can be your best friend in that journey.

The events over the past few months have been very significant, especially from a family perspective. You have guided me in making sure that we can bring our families together and celebrate with them our love. We have begun well, and with God's grace, we shall achieve all the goals as we progress to tie the knot eventually.

On your birthday, I would like to make a promise. I know difficulties and obstacles will always be a part of our life, just as it is for everyone else. I know we might have fights that could plunge me, if not you, into bouts of momentary sadness. I know time and distance apart could add pressure to our lives like we never imagined. But if there is one thing I am sure of it is this - no matter what, my love for you will always be undying and it is the sole goal of my life to ensure that you become, the happiest woman in the whole wide world. I pray to God all the time that I can become the man that a goddess like you truly deserves.

'I Love You'. Once again N, that is simply all I feel I can say and I know even without me telling, you probably understand all of what I have said just with these three magical words. Happy Birthday, and love me and be mine forever.

Yours Truly,Madly,Deeply in Love,
Kuchu

No comments: