Friday, September 12, 2008

'Post' Mortem Report

I feared the sight of a Pale Moon, glowering at me from unveiled shrouds....
I was welcomed instead by the Sun, gleaming through myriad painted clouds...


As I write this post, it is sunset time in a city bustling with the excitement of the freedom and joys that the impending weekend promises to bring. It has been a complicated week; a story in managing a balancing act between work, home, family and N. Don't worry, that's not what this post is about.

By the second glance, if not in the first, any person would figure out that my blog seems to average at less than a post-a-month. To be precise the actual figure would be somewhere between 0 and 0.5. While my lethargy has already been established as the prime reason for any inactivity in these pages, the usual pains of my humdrum existence don't seem to make my task of filling this blog with all the promised content any easier. In fact, the added baggage of having failed to write so many good posts often leaves me with the usual thought of "Oh, now that I have missed so many, what's the point in even trying again?". Such grim self-discouragement has deprived my loyal readers, numbering in the single digits, many a charming insight into the life and times of a to-be-famous Mumbaikar. Not anymore.

As the first step towards righting the wrongs aforementioned, I have solemnly decided to let people know of some of the most luminary ideas and moments that had triggered in me the desire to put up posts over the past few months. Issues that had me in the throes of firing away at my keyboard, only to be thwarted by my insurmountable laziness. I sincerely hope, my euphoric excellence does not escape you:
  1. Waiting at Delhi airport, with a sandwich in one hand and a coffee in the other, reflecting on the weekend spent with N
  2. An ode to the real "Joker" who, in his swansong as The Dark Knight's arch nemesis, left us with a portrayal of villainy never before seen on the silver screen
  3. A short critique on "The Watchmen" series graphic novel. A delectably dark yet meaningful work by Alan Moore that probably stumbles upon the ultimate frailty of all humankind
  4. Questioning the logic of all my education till date in the context of the junctures of life that I often find myself at
  5. Raving about "Rock On!" - a movie that explores the Hollywoodesque subject of a bunch of guys taking a second crack at making it big as rock stars amidst a swarm of early mid-life crises - a film that was both touching and significant in the landscape of 'Hindi' films
  6. Taking my shot at the "Flab Four", who did all but shame themselves with their ineptitude at wielding a bat whose past mastery has earned them so many undeserved glories
  7. The mesmerising power of a country's pride and strength that was Beijing 2008
  8. Getting my very first 'Project' - building fancy jargonized assets for a bunch of fancier asses
  9. Rafa vs Fedex - my Point of View
  10. Places of Worship and the role of Religion in the life of today's Average Joe (14/09/2008)
  11. Dear Faceless Terrorist... (14/09/2008)

and the list continues......

Well the above list is not exhaustive. In fact I shall use this as a tracker for topics I need to have written about by the time this calendar year is done. I shall be adding new topics as they dawn upon me and it would be interesting to see how many will yet remain untouched by the time the planet turns a year older.

P.S: If anyone has managed to decipher the article to which the link has been provided in the above post, please to be sharing your deep insights :)

No comments: