Friday, December 26, 2008

Heureux Deuxième Anniversaire


I don't claim to be a poet
'Cause poets come a dime a dozen
But for you, I'd pen a thousand sonnets
To express my love undying


Roses can't be read
And violets have got the blues
I thought I'd begin this one traditionally
Then I decided to write something new

As the bells come jingling along
'Tis time for Christmas cheer
For us its a milestone to celebrate
As a pair we've completed another year

That radiant smile of yours
Has turned around many a dark day for me
That infectious giggle you laugh
Has never failed to make me feel light and free

The beauty of it all is that
I've never had to 'try' loving you
It's so natural, it's almost in my DNA
I guess that's how it feels when love is true

I do confess it's not always as easy
There are times when I feel like crying
Times when I can't understand the fact that
The expectations I put on both of us can be so trying

What makes it all worth the effort
Are the romantic heights we claim
In spite of the distances that separate us
We always find a way to keep burning the flame

So as a couple, we've finished a double
Two years of a sweet symphony
While there have been many a bump on this road of ours
I still wouldn't have it any other way, honey

I love you and that's as simply as I can put it
My prayer is that you be mine forever
Spend every joy and sorrow with me
So we can grow old in love together

Happy Anniversary. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. In that order.

XoXoXo

Lovingly,
Kuchu

1 comment:

The Soul of Alec Smart said...

I read this yet again today. We will grow old in love together, and we will have many more memories.. that's the thought keeping me going every day! I love you :)