Monday, June 30, 2008

Salaam Bombay

As I reel under the effects of just having resuscitated life into my blog, I realize its been 356 days since my first post. So shocking was the process of revival, that when I looked at the date of the last post (9th July) I nearly went into a maddening tizzy of comprehending the space-time continuum ... of course that lasted only till I eventually saw the "7" that followed "200" in the year part of the date and understood that what I was confronting was not a breakthrough in dimensional Physics but simply another prime example of my lethargy to follow up on good work. What's even more interesting is that the blog bug has re-bit me now when my three months of 24*7 joblessness is coming to an end. Good irony is never lost out on my life.

Anyways, enough digression, lets get to what this post is really about. The Bangalore bred Bengali (kinda catchy nah?!), yours truly, is reporting live from Mumbai. The role of being a fresh grad out of an IIM, brings with it the onerous burden of taking up a job which usually comes with the hassles of leaving the comfort of cities like Bangalore to relocate to places like Bombay where the "action" is (from a professional point of view). So I landed here yesterday, and thanks to a SuperDad (who btw has taken care of pretty much everything in my life thus far), I'd already got a place and am settling in rather neatly. Its a cozy flat this, 2BHK and all that jazz with beautiful views of national parks and such. I begin work tomorrow and with it I will be well on my journey to brave it out in the city of dreams (and nightmares!). Lets hope I can see my fledgling self through this next exciting phase of my life and come out with at least some ounces of character if not the proverbial flying colours.

No comments: